Friday, January 19, 2007

The Dungeon of Secret Base


I am currently visiting Tokyo for business meetings and took the opportunity to check out OriginalFake and Secret Base stores.

OriginalFake shop is small and I personally find the clothing there expensive. Not feeling the tee designs in the shop and they do not have the black Dissected tee that I am looking for.

They have the Black Kaws Dissected print on display. It looks nicer than the original and monotone prints. Too bad it is on sale only 2 weeks later.

I finally see the Kaws GID Kun. It is beautiful! I wanted to buy it but the shop staff said that it is not for sale and all the GID kun toys have been sold out. Dammit!

Secret Base shop is small and dark. I love the caged display they have that housed all the Secret Base toys ever produced. Unfortunately none of them is for sale. I am quite disappointed that they do not have any Secret Base toy available for purchases and I was praying for it to rain so that they can bring out some rainy day toys. No dice.

I do not like the tee that they have. Too "goth" for me.

Basically it has been a waste of time for me in terms of shopping, I did not buy any toy or tees. However it is cool to finally see the two shops themselves. Secret Base shop (with the caged display) is very impressive.

No comments: