Saturday, January 13, 2007

My MAD*L collection


Phew... after collecting for months I am happy that I have compiled all the photos of my mad*ls. Just posted the photos on the kidrobot forum. The story I posted is as followed:

"Greetings all, it's me again

With my kaws, Touma & kaiju photos out of the way, I will like to share with you my favourite toy collection: the MAD*Ls.

History: I started out with 2 hobbies: MTG and WOW. (if you do not know what these are, you don't wanna know) All my spare time was spent on them and I have never thought of having a new hobby. It was one fateful day that I was so bored in the airport, awaiting for my flight to London, that I bought a newly launched local magazine called PlayTimes from the airport bookshop.

My life changed from there on and I have given up MTG and WOW.

My first ever vinyl toy is the Tower Records MAD*L and it is that figure that started my hobby of collecting vinyl toys. To me, the shape of a MAD*L is simple but yet beautiful. And the toy's canvas head has opened up opportunities for all sorts of design possibilities.

Without further ado, my proudest collection."

"I wanna thank all the artists who are willing to listen to my suggestions for their creations as well as those who are sick of my pestering for a piece of their beautiful art and wanna shoo me off by doing a custom to shut me up. Thank you!

P.S. Dok A, rc44 and motorbot (gingerbread?), where art thou? "

When time permits, I will update the photos of my collection in my own Collection page :)

No comments: